• Members 1466 posts
    Oct. 19, 2024, 6:16 p.m.

Carrying on with Arvo's Fun Editing Thread - #6 in the series
    General rules most of which will look familiar by now, with a few modifications:

• a previous round winner presents a busy or just not so interesting image, having at least some potential for different crops or visions
    • anyone (except author of original image) can edit the presented image, up to three distinct edits in separate posts are permitted
    • all edits must be based on original image, not on another people's edits (of course borrowing ideas would not be a problem)
    • the edited version gathering most likes within a week or so, wins and its author will start next round

• all 'normal' adjustments (brightness, colors, curves etc) are permitted (both local and global ones)

• all geometric adjustments (perspective, cropping etc) are permitted
    • artistic effects (brushes, textures etc) are allowed
    • no object addition or replacement is allowed, non-essential objects may however be removed, and parts of the original image can be "moved" to a different position in the image.
    • generative AI must not be used

Short explanations about your editing intentions are encouraged, but not required.
    Once the deadline for images has been reached, no new image versions will be accepted. Questions and (polite) discussions of techniques are welcome, so that we can learn from one another how certain edits were achieved.
    On the closing day for voting, if there is a draw in the number of likes for two or more edits, then the person that posted the original image will decide the winner.

About this photo: I apologize in advance for having only a jpeg to offer, but I am traveling and the internet I'm using is very contrary. I took the photo yesterday after I made a wrong turn to Pinson Mounds in a remote part of west Tennessee. If I figure out a way to link the raw, I'll add the link here in this paragraph. Apparently Drop Box is dead to me in this location. ( here is a link to Google Drive for the ORF drive.google.com/file/d/16VJ2QkqGUFOEnkd3XpKFzrVOaRjTpPXf/view?usp=drivesdk)

Get your Images posted by October 26. Vote whenever you want. Voting will be extended an extra day after the image submission deadline for those who would prefer to vote after everything is posted. I'll post a reminder in this thread.

_A180121.jpeg

_A180121.jpeg

JPG, 10.1 MB, uploaded by minniev on Oct. 19, 2024.

• Members 682 posts
    Oct. 19, 2024, 6:43 p.m.

Nothing fancy, opened up shadows in LrC, ran through Topaz Adjust and Topaz Photo AI.
    editme.jpg

editme.jpg

JPG, 8.4 MB, uploaded by Sagittarius on Oct. 19, 2024.

• Foundation 1442 posts
    Oct. 19, 2024, 7:09 p.m.

Sorry to disagree; but I prefer the original. This looks too artificial to me (hyper-Technicolor, or what?). I have the impression that the defaults of recent Topaz programs go too far in "Improving" what are otherwise quite acceptable photos.

David

• Oct. 19, 2024, 8:01 p.m.

@davidwien - this is just different interpretation. Some time ago most local online newspapers looked this way, now more contrasty images are slowly returning.

My first attempt below - quick crop, color manipulaton and some kind of noise reduction applied :)

editmeanimage6_2.JPG

editmeanimage6_2.JPG

JPG, 707.0 KB, uploaded by ArvoJ on Oct. 19, 2024.