• Members 10 posts
    May 1, 2023, 12:41 a.m.

It was getting dark out and I spied a female towhee at my seed feeder. The nearest camera was my RX10iv - not the best at high ISOs. I was in a hurry and didn't check the exposure compensation and it was at minus 2.

I use DxO Deep Prime, which on my 10 year old computer with 16 gb of ram took a Veeeeeerrrry long time and saved as a tif.

Opened the UNCOMPRESSED (mistake) tif in Gigapixel AI and ran it at 1x size to see how it would further clean up and sharpen the image which was taken at ISO 1600. (I said mistake about the uncompressed tif because it is a HUGE file.)

I think this result is really remarkable.RX10iv very dark image processed with DxO Deep Prime and Topaz Gigapixel AI

• Members 360 posts
    May 1, 2023, 7:56 a.m.

That´s more than fair.

Can you post the original result for comparison of how bad it really was? Sometimes I have these arguments that "nah, it is subpar". Yes it it, but "if you´ve seen the circumstances in which the shot was taken, you would not say that at all". The image is usable and that´s all what matters.
    Only what scares me is the AI. Next time, you provide this image to it, and ask for even better remake. That is no fun.

Also with further processing, you can denoise the hell out of the background.
    I do thoroughly enjoy current state of technology, allowing us to shoot in bad conditions with otherwise "unsalvageable" settings compared to past. What a time.
    Thanks and enjoy!

• Members 10 posts
    May 1, 2023, 11:21 a.m.