• Members 132 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 4:42 p.m.

I wanted to delete my contribution completely, but I don't know how.
    Anyway, I will come up with a contribution later as a second try.
    Sorry Lou

• Members 834 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 5:25 p.m.

Hi David
    I'll clean the sensor myself, it's very easy and quick to do. Usually I use the in camera "sensor clean" menu option before a trip, it works quite well, but occasionally, I'll also use the special sensor swabs. At lower F numbers these dust spots almost disappear anyway, but nice to have it clean.
    When I change lenses I usually point the camera down, maybe it helps a bit but dust can always get in.
    My Olympus EM1Mk II is practically dust free, I never had to clean it, but the Nikon Z7 still needs cleaning occasionaly.

I assume that was just a typo and you mean "bright light"?
    Are you perhaps referring to the round shaped flare just above my logo at the bottom left ?
    I think this lens has the flare pretty much under control, but all lenses have limits especially when the sun is right in the shot.

• Foundation 1438 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 5:59 p.m.

I did mean bright light -- sorry! If you look with max magnification just under the bright spot with the star pattern, there is also a thin trace. It this that I wonder about. What caused that?

I am disappointed to hear that your Nissan doesnt protect the sensor when changing lenses. My Canon R6 "cleans" the sensor and leaves the shutter closed when the camera is turned off, and so far after almost two years I have had no spots.

Best wishes,

David

• Members 676 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 6:15 p.m.

Toys-of-Summer.jpg
    Toys of Summer

Rich

Toys-of-Summer.jpg

JPG, 3.4 MB, uploaded by Rich42 on Oct. 4, 2023.

• Foundation 1438 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 7:29 p.m.

Lovely leather -- and a nice colour combination!

David

• Members 834 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 8:09 p.m.

Ah I see what you mean now.
    This is bright "rim lighting" on the statue from the direct sunlight around the hole created with the space between the arm and the body of the statue.

That's a cool Canon trick !

• Members 861 posts
    Oct. 4, 2023, 10:44 p.m.

I say this in the most complimentary of terms, that's stock photo perfection right there.

• Members 1026 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 12:37 a.m.

Renovator's dream or lost cause? I suspect the latter. The picture captures the contrast between maintained and dilapidated. The teal shutters do a lot for the livable. I do wonder if AC manufacturers could make slim profile units that would blend in without the square protrusion distracting from the architecture.

• Members 132 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 12:49 a.m.

Sand dredger Charlock needed for coastal surveillance and restoration of the coastline and
    on the other side of the port, the transhipment of basic materials that steel company Tata needs.
    The photo also gives an idea of the width of the harbor to understand the second shot.
    Photo3 some Pilots safely parked n a part of the fishing port.

3_9260043.jpg[![2_9260036.jpg]

2_9260036.jpg

1_9260051.jpg
    Enlarge click image click downarrow

Thanks for looking.
    LouHolland

3_9260043.jpg

JPG, 8.4 MB, uploaded by LouHolland on Oct. 5, 2023.

1_9260051.jpg

JPG, 15.4 MB, uploaded by LouHolland on Oct. 5, 2023.

2_9260036.jpg

JPG, 1.9 MB, uploaded by LouHolland on Oct. 5, 2023.

• Members 1026 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 1:09 a.m.

This is a somewhat disturbing image. Looking up, the lens / perspective distortion almost makes one feel giddy. No vertical lines probably adds to the effect. Rotating to straighten the one almost vertical line of the leading edge of the tower, being offset from the centre of the image, doesn't really help. Rotating to straighten the middle of the opposite building unfortunately crops a lot of the image and loses the arch. Leaving us trapped in an uncomfortable alternate reality. If intentional, well spotted and good effect.

• Members 676 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 1:12 a.m.

Davidwien and OpenCube,

Thank you for looking and the very kind words!

Rich

• Members 1026 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 1:57 a.m.

You have captured the look and feel of a building unoccupied for many decades. Gothic, ghostly, Gotham City would be proud. Sandstone? sure captures the city grime.

• Members 1026 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 2:32 a.m.

I identify with your captures of aged but still functioning and vibrant structures. What stories could those well worn timbers tell? The paint may be old but still has it's original depth. The new? rows of nails follow the footsteps of a fisherman reminiscing his favourite story after a night out with his friends. The insult of the litterer is in the chicken meatballs spaghetti tin. If he didn't catch any seafood at least he could have brought some seafood???

• Members 1026 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 2:46 a.m.

That's a nice dreamy capture of a stingray and his polka dots gliding past, with a lot of smaller fishies perhaps using him for cover. Is that a manta ray behind him or the dorsal fin of a much bigger fish / shark?

• Members 1026 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 3:12 a.m.

Yes, very balanced colours. I just wonder could we see a little bit more of the glove.

• Members 676 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 5:12 a.m.

Bryan,

Thanks, but that's the entire image.

Rich

• Members 676 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 5:15 a.m.

I like the commentary that the shot sets up, but it's the light and the colors that really make it compelling.

Rich

• Members 1246 posts
    Oct. 5, 2023, 6:01 a.m.

This is clever. Using the corners of the buildings and the lamps gives a series of interlocking diamond shapes. The pattern surprises. It feels like tesselated moorish tiles. The repeating pillar and tower verticals continue the links.